Degree Program Created With IT Experts And Businessmen
In keeping with labor market demands for highly trained IT experts, Aspira College launches a Computer Engineering degree specializing in Software Engineering. The IT industry is on course to become the main driving force of business development, especially through increased export of goods and services that characterizes IT.
The Computer Engineering degree program is created in collaboration with experts and employers. The student will have the opportunity to learn the most relevant software development techniques. This degree program is unique through the participation of experts and employers and a hands-on approach. It is based on business applications of computer technologies and as such guarantees employment.
As part of keeping up to date with latest developments, focus is on teamwork supervised by mentors, case studies, individual development and practical knowledge learned through real-life examples.
Why study Computer Engineering?
The Aspira College Computer Engineering degree is meant for anyone interested in software development, irrespective of age.
1. High chances for employment after a degree from Aspira
2. Each student enrolled gets a Raspberry Pi
3. Programming from Day One
4. Individual development practice – project based work from freshman year
5. Access to high-end technical equipment
6. Participation in Career Day – making contacts with top Croatian and international IT companies
7. Free IT certificate (from Aspira and SUS Community College)
8. Top mentors with frequent visiting experts
9. Professional internship as part of degree program
10. Each student is entitled to licenced Microsoft software: Microsoft Imagine
12. Online learning materials
13. Entrepreneurship Workshops – meet IT employers
14. Numerous chances for CV references before graduation
The thinking behind this degree program is to integrate practical activity in the community with academic and personal development in order to foster a critical and balanced approach to individual education and active citizenship. The focus on varied curricular and extracurricular activities ensures professional competences for the students, moreover it develops competences for active participarion in a democratic society.
This degree program is approved by employers because it was created by employers, tailored to their needs. The professional internship in Semester Five is intended as a bridge to employment, as it prepares students to have maximum value for employers. Knowledge which they have acquired is exactly what employers need them to know.
Entrepreneurship Workshops – Have Your own Startup!
In addition to mandatory professional internships, Aspira College offers attractive Entrepreneurship Workshops, where employers use compelling real-life examples to help explain how to turn challenges into success. Startup Workshops are headed by business owners with startup experience. Their wealth of knowledge ensures students will learn to generate projects with minimum risk and maximum effect. Students benefit from these workshops in unique ways, as they are often young computer experts’ first experiences with entrepreneurship. Workshops are an early insight into self-employment, encouraging creativity and dynamism in order to find a place in the labor market.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE STUDY PROGRAM:
- Apply relevant mathematical and statistical models in software engineering
- To use the English language in the domain of ICT and to identify the beginnings of ICT technology
- Identify the basic specifics of Windows/Linux/Unix operating systems
- Specify real-world processes using formal methods
- Use Cloud computing as a concept that offers a new way of accessing personal data and applications
- Differentiate types of computer networks, communication protocols as well as the protocol position of the Internet network
- Apply the basics of databases through creation, modeling and administration
- Analyze user needs (research and detect data sources, currently present business systems, user needs, technological limitations, specifics of the business environment)
- Choose ways of structuring data in program code, as well as recording techniques of complex program forms (XML, json) and use standard algorithms
- Create program objects that describe objects from the real world
- Use the MS Visual Studio generation translator, and know the .NET environment
- Evaluate which programming language or technology from MS Visual Studio tools to apply for a specific problem
- Identify trends in ICT technologies on the domestic and international market
- Develop mobile applications on at least one platform along with uploading
- Know the basics of electrical engineering and digital circuits and the structure of computers
- Identify the importance of digitization and the e-learning process
- Discuss the principles of information security, risks and threats to information systems, methods of their protection, and procedures for measuring, evaluating and certifying the achieved level of information security
- Develop multiple different types of Windows applications
Computer Engineering Degree Program
The degree program takes place over 3 years (6 semesters) in either full time or part time study. A successful course of study in accordance with the Bologna Process will lead to 180 or more ECTS points and the professional title:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
(bacc. ing. comp.)
Guest lecturers are a frequent part of the study program, in order for students to fully grasp their future occupation as well as the various challenges facing the IT sector today. The many experiences of visiting lecturers will jointly form a vision of a student’s future career.
Studying while working
Studying while working is adapted to employed people who, due to their professional obligations, are unable to regularly attend lectures. Part-time students are offered individual consultations with mentoring, and teaching materials are available on our website. The distance learning system Merlin certainly enables high-quality monitoring of classes and interaction with professors at a distance, and lectures can also be monitored via video transmission.
Also, ASPIRA College enables part-time students from remote locations to take certain exams via teleconference. The exams will be conducted with software support within the Merlin system.